I am a graduate of the Masters in Heritage Preservation program at Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia. Concentrating on historic preservation, I have completed conditions assessments and historic structures reports; a preservation plan for the city of Lithonia, GA; a cemetery survey for the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area; a National Register nomination for Flat Rock Cemetery in south DeKalb County, GA. With additional background in housepainting and inspecting facades for Easements Atlanta, I bring practical experience to complement the professional research.
I also have a background in archaeology with a B.A. in anthropology from Beloit College in Wisconsin and many years of experience working for cultural resource management companies, primarily in the Southeast.
706-372-6346 / email@example.com
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, Master of Heritage Preservation, 2013; internship with Easements Atlanta, historic preservation field school in Cuba
- Beloit College, Beloit, WI, Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, 1976; archaeology field schools in Costa Rica and Britain
- Historic Preservation: conservation of building materials, American architectural history, American built environment, history of preservation, preservation planning, historic resources evaluation, conditions assessment, preservation of cultural landscapes, National Register nomination preparation, historic interiors, Georgia history, American folk crafts, American house museums, Section 106 training workshop, ArcGIS online training.
- Archaeology: field methods, public archaeology, physical anthropology.
- Historic Preservation 2011-13: inspector for Easements Atlanta; contractor for Atlanta Preservation and Planning Services; coordinated preservation plan for Lithonia, GA, historic structures report and conditions assessment for Valley View (Cartersville, GA), cemetery survey for Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area; completed National Register nomination for Flat Rock Cemetery (Lithonia, GA), research reports on African American cemeteries in Piedmont GA, mapping race in Atlanta, Cuban architecture; data collection and entry on GNAHRGIS for Downtown Atlanta Modern Historic Resources Survey.
- Painting 2000-13: Spencer Painting, Velvet Touch Painting (Athens, GA), Georgia State University Housing Dept.; volunteering at the ToolBank, Valley View, Rhodes Hall.
- Administrative 1990-99: library assistant for University of Georgia Libraries, administrator for Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Athens, test rater for University of Georgia Test Service and Reporting Center. Media: editor for Exploration Resources (Athens, GA), video captioner for UGA Dept. of Disabiity Services, transcriber for Focus Forward.
- Archaeology 1979-89: field, lab, and report assistant for Southeastern Archaeological Services (Athens, GA) and various other cultural resource management companies.
- Historic preservation: preparation of historic structures reports, conditions assessments, National Register nominations; historic resources survey, façade inspection; familiarity with GNAHRGIS, Section 106, GIS.
- Archaeology: fieldwork (survey, testing, mitigation), lab work (faunal, ceramic, lithic), report and proposal preparation.
- Office: writing, editing, captioning, transcribing, light bookkeeping; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, Express Scribe, ArcGIS, ProTools.
- Additional: housepainting, radio announcing, voiceover, singing/songwriting/recording.
Georgia State University Heritage Preservation Society
Vernacular Architecture Forum
The Georgia Trust
Archaeological Institute of America
available upon request